Using modal dialog boxes we can overlay images on our website with the help of JQuery lightbox plugins. We can set up popup techniques on our websites using these lightbox plugins. The popup of the image appears in the same window with previous, next and close buttons when you click on any image of the carousel slider or gallery.
PrettyPhoto is a jQuery lightbox plugin. Along with the images it supports extra features such as iframes, flash, videos, ajax etc. PrettyPhoto is a full blown media lightbox. Its special feature is that it can be launched anywhere as it includes some useful APIs within it. It is very easy to setup and implement even for beginners. If you want to customize it, it is very flexible. It is compatible with all modern versions of browsers including Internet Explorer6.
Check out its code and demo here and try to implement it.
- Slideshow: It contains one button slideshow.
- Easy: It can be implemented and used without deep knowledge of CSS.
- Clean: It is designed to compliment your content.
- Fast: This application is very fast and smart images are preloaded.
- Rounded: We can even manage adjustable rounded corners without the use of PNG images.
- Smart: Content on your website will be resized automatically to always fit on your screen.
- Works on all modern browsers.
The code and demo for this plugin is here.
- Under the zoomed item, it adds a nice drop shadow.
- Adds navigation to the groups of related items.
- Can display Ajax requests, images, SWF movies, HTML elements, and Iframes.
- Support fancy transitions by using easing plugin.
- Through CSS and its settings this plugin is customizable.
- FancyBox will respond to the events of mouse wheel also, if the mouse wheel plugin is included in the page.
Know more about it here with its code and demo.